Welcome to The Carolina Boykin Spaniel Retriever Club Official web site!
The Boykin Spaniel Retriever Club was formed by a small group of people who shared a common interest in the Retriever.
The Carolina Boykin Spaniel Retriever Club Objectives:
- Encourage and promote the breeding of purebred Boykin Spaniel retrievers, doing all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
- Encourage the use of trained Boykin Spaniel Retrievers while hunting, thereby preserving game.
- Protect and advance the interest of the Boykin Spaniel Retriever breed by encouraging sportsman like competition at hunting tests.
If you are one of the lucky people owned by a little brown dog, or are just interested in the Boykin Spaniel breed, we invite you to come out and join us.
The Carolina Boykin Spaniel Retriever Club holds bi-monthly trials at various locations.
We offer 5 stakes:
- Jr. Puppy-Boykin ages up to 6 months-CBSRC Member entry fee $20
- Sr. Puppy- Boykin 6 months to 1 year-CBSRC Member entry fee $20
- Novice- Any age Boykin, single retrieves on land and water-CBSRC Member entry fee $25
- Intermediate- Any age Boykin, double retrieves on land and water, blind retrieves and walkups-CBSRC Member entry fee $30
- Open - Any age Boykin, multiple marked retrieves, blinds, walk-ups, and diversions may be included-CBSRC Member entry fee $30
- Upland Roustabout - Any age Boykin working an Upland Roustabout field within 12 minutes while shooting the flushed birds-CBSRC Member entry fee $35
*Non CBSRC members pay an additional $15 per entry to compete
Anyone may participate in our trials, however, in order to accumulate points towards our dog of the year award the owner(s) and handler of the dog must be a member of the Carolina Boykin Spaniel Retriever Club.
CBSRC Position Statement Regarding Dog Registries
The CBSRC strongly encourages competition for and by pure bred hunting dogs. It is our belief that this is best accomplished by Boykin Spaniels bred responsibly and ostensibly for hunting purposes. With this in mind, it is our belief that dogs should be obtained from reputable breeders that record their puppies through registries whose primary interest is hunting dogs.
The Boykin Spaniel Society has over 25 years experience in registering Boykin Spaniels, host multiple field trials each year, supports Boykin Spaniel Rescue as well as promoting Boykin Spaniels as hunting dogs across the South East. In addition to all this, the BSS also sponsors and supports health
clinics and research through The Boykin Spaniel Foundation. For all of these reasons, the CBSRC recommends and supports The Boykin Spaniel Society as our registry of choice.
The Carolina Boykin Spaniel Club would like to thank Mr. Larry Chandler for use of one of his prints in the design of The Carolina Boykin Spaniel Retriever Club web site.
You can find more of Larry Chandler's nationally known leading art work in wildlife, portrait and sporting dogs at